Monday, September 13, 2010

I made it!

I made it to France but it was a long journey.  First, I had my flight from Detroit to Philly.  It was a 2 hour flight and it was probably the smallest aircraft i have ever been on.  There was this guy infront of me that was a little crazy.  He was like the spaceship has lifted and then the spaceship has landed.  I was having a blast (pun intended) listening to this guy lol. 
In philly, I had a three hour layover.  They said that they had free wifi connection through out the terminal.  That was a big fat lie.  I had to walk like a mile to get it in the terminal. 
The flight to Paris was 7 hours.  The chairs went froma 90 degree angle to a 95 degree angle.  Let's just say, Haley was not a happy person when it was 3 a.m her time.  When I arrived, it took forever to get my luggage.  I was really scared that it would not come.  Thankfully it did.  I of course had no idea who or where my host family was.  I just prayed to god someone was there.  I looked out and there was a piece of paper with my name on it.  I sigh in relief but only for a moment.  From the little french I knew, I began to understood that they were not my host family.  I did not have one and i was just staying with this rotary guy till they found one for me.  I was little frustrated.  Here i was exhausted, needing a shower, and a place to call home.  Ugh, it was not good. 
Mark(this rotary guy) took me to Paris.  It was really nice and I appreciated it.  I wish that I had not been a walking zombie.  We saw the the big arch but that is all i remember.  I passed out in the car on our back to reims.
Thankfully, they found me a family that night after the rotary dinner.  I live in a beautiful home and i really like it here. 
Thank you to everyone that made it happen!
Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment